- “We are stronger together": Carlos Slim Helú
January 27, 2017. Press Conference. Mexico City.
- The Appeal of Conscience Foundation granted Mr. Carlos Slim the Appeal of Conscience Award.
19 September 2016. New York, USA.
- Presentation of 2016 Carlos Slim Health Awards.
30 June, 2016. Mexico City.
- Mr. Carlos Slim Helu was the keynote speaker in the first Women’s Forum Mexico 2016.
April 27-28, 2016. Ciudad de México.
- Winners of the Carlos Slim Health Award 2016.
Mexico City, February 26, 2016.
- The Carlos Slim Foundation and the Government of Honduras sign a cooperation agreement.
February 25, 2016. Mexico City.
- The Carlos Slim Foundation and SEDESOL sign a partnership agreement.
Guachochi, Chihuahua, Mexico, January 27th, 2016.
- INBURSA Financial Group celebrates its 50th anniversary.
November 30, 2015. Mexico City.
- During a trip to El Salvador and Peru, Mr. Carlos Slim, former US President Bill Clinton and philanthropist Frank Giustra visited local communities where the Carlos Slim Foundation, the Clinton Foundation and the Clinton-Giustra-Slim Enterprise Partnership develop important health and employment initiatives, benefitting vulnerable populations.
9-12 November 2015.
- For third consecutive year, the Corporate Business Reputation Monitor (Merco), recognizes Mr. Carlos Slim as Mexico’s business leader with the best reputation in 2015.
August 4, 2015. Mexico City.
- The Carlos Slim Foundation signed an agreement with Autism Speaks to provide online information and tools in Spanish to treat autism.
New York, NY and Mexico City, 27 July 2015.
- Mr. Carlos Slim participated in the international Conference on Inclusive Capitalism 2015, organized by the Coalition for Inclusive Capitalism, a non-for profit organization based in the United Kingdom.
June 26, 2105. London, United Kingdom.
- Mr. Carlos Slim opened the 2015 edition of Telcel - Infinitum Digital Village, the largest digital inclusion event in the world, held for third consecutive year in Mexico City's Zocalo Plaza. He was accompanied by representatives from the federal and city governments, as well as by other distinguished personalities.
Mexico City, July 10, 2015.
- Carlos Slim Foundation announces its partnership with Elizabeth Holmes and her Theranos Company to promote the proactive prevention of diabetes and related ailments
June 22, 2015. Mexico City
- Outstanding professionals receive the 2015 Carlos Slim Health Awards in recognition to their innovative solutions in health matters in Latin America and the Caribbean.
June 20, 2015. Mexico City.
- Carlos Slim Foundation presented to Doug Ducey, Governor of Arizona, its Latino Access initiative, supporting the development of the Latino community in the United States.
Mexico City, June 18, 2015
- Mr. Carlos Slim participated in the Global Markets Discovery Series Forum México, organized by the Business Journal in Phoenix, Arizona.
April 22, 2015.
- Carlos Slim Foundation receives the International Recognition Award 2015 for its contributions to improve global health
March 10, 2015. Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
- Mr. Carlos Slim receives the UNESCO Medal recognizing his contribution to make sure that Information and Communication Technologies benefit the population.
February 27, 2015. Paris, France.
- Forbes Magazine ranks Carlos Slim Foundation as Mexico's most charitable business foundation.
January 22, 2015.
- Grupo Carso. Investment in Mexico for the year 2015
- Jimmy Carter and Carlos Slim Announce New Partnership to Help Eliminate Last Vestiges of River Blindness in the Americas.
November 13, 2014. Mexico City
- Key note address by Mr. Carlos Slim Helu, during the 12th edition of the Mexico Business Summit, October 26, 2014.
26-28 October 2014, Mexico Business Summit, Queretaro, Mexico.
- Carlos Slim and Best Buddies International Founder Anthony K. Shriver Call on Employers to Pledge "I'M IN TO HIRE" Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD).
October 7, 2014. New York City
- Carlos Slim Foundation Launches Free Online Site for U.S. Latino Community.
August 12, 2014.
- Mr. Carlos Slim's speech, entitled "Growing together. State and Corporations", was delivered during the 20th Plenary Session of the Montevideo Circle Foundation, where Mr. Slim is Corporate Chairman.
July 17-18, 2014. Asuncion, Paraguay.
- Mr. Carlos Slim, accompanied by Dr. Javier Duarte Ochoa, Governor of Veracruz and by Mrs. Petra Nemcova, President and Founder of the Happy Hearts Fund, inaugurated the "Juan Maldonado Pereda" elementary school, donated by Grupo Carso and equipped by Happy Hearts.
July 9, 2014. Nuevo Veracruz, Mexico.
- Mr. Carlos Slim inaugurated the Inbursa's Aquarium, the largest in Latin America. In the ribbon-cutting ceremony, he was accompanied by the Mayor of Mexico City, Dr. Miguel Ángel Mancera and by Inbursa's Aquarium President, Mr. Alejandro Nasta.
Inbursa's Aquarium was created with the mission to inspire passion for marine life and to contribute to protect the marine world.
Plaza Carso, Mexico City, May 30, 2014.
- The International Telecommunications Union granted Mr. Carlos Slim the World Telecommunication and Information Society Award 2014, in recognition to his leadership and dedication in fostering ICT and broadband connectivity for sustainable development.
May 16, 2014. Geneva, Switzerland.
- The Carlos Slim Foundation grants the "2014 Carlos Slim Health Awards" to individuals and institutions with outstanding research credentials in the health sector.
Mexico City, March 26-27, 2014.
- Carlos Slim Foundation and Coursera seal an alliance to provide free on-line world-class graduate studies in Spanish to millions of individuals.
January 29, 2014. México City.
- Mr. Carlos Slim, Co-chairman of the ITU's Broadband Commission participated in the 11th World Telecommunication/ICT Indicators Symposium (WITS) organized by ITU. He stated that "in order to achieve universal access to information technologies, the private sector must invest, innovate and guarantee coverage; the regulating authority should, on its side, demand investment and coverage commitments from operators".
December 4, 2013. Mexico City.
- Mexico's National Commission for the Knowledge and Use of Biodiversity (CONABIO), the Carlos Slim Foundation and TELCEL launched the "NaturaLista" digital platform, innovative scientific tool that fosters knowledge about nature and its preservation by means of social media.
December 2, 2013. Soumaya Museum, Mexico City
- Carlos Slim Foundation launches the second phase of the US-Mexico partnership in genomic research. Through a grant amounting US$ 139 million dollars the Slim Initiative on Genomic Medicine will Foster research aimed at improving health conditions in Latin America and the world.
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, October 28, 2013.
- Carlos Slim Helú attended the opening ceremony of the Telcel Theater, Latin America's best.
October 11th, 2013. Mexico City.
- The Opening of the first 10 kilometers of the Orient Emitter Tunnel to improve the management of rain and residual waters of the Valley of Mexico.
July 13, 2013. Ecatepec, Estado de México.
- Mr. Carlos Slim and Mr. Ángel Aguirre Rivero, Governor of the state of Guerrero, did attend the initial building work of the Acapulco's Macro-Tunnel, to be the biggest in México.
June 8, 2013. Acapulco, Gro.
- Carlos Slim Foundation will donate $100 million to the Global Polio Eradication Initiative´s (GPEI), which with the Strategic Plan 2013-2018 has the objective to end this disease in the world.
April 24 and 25, 2013. Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- The UNAM Foundation and the Carlos Slim Foundation granted 753 scholarships to learn English to studies of the School of Engineering of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM, as per initials in Spanish).
April 8, 2013. Ciudad Universitaria (University City), México.
- Mr. Carlos Slim hosted the International Telecommunications Union's (ITU) 7th Broadband Commission for Digital Development Meeting. Mr. Slim is the commission's co-chairman.
Mexico City, 17 March, 2013.
- Bill Gates y Carlos Slim support food-production research.
February 13, 2013. Texcoco, México.
- Mr. Carlos Slim participated in the first Global Education and Technology Forum at Twitter's San Francisco offices.
January 31, 2013. San Francisco, CA
- Alliance Between Fundación Carlos Slim and Khan Academy.
January 14, 2013. Mexico, City.
- Petra Nemcova's Happy Hearts Fund Land of Dreams Gala: Mexico with Special Guest Carlos Slim & Honoring Howard Buffett.
December 12, 2012. New York, NY.
- Mr. Carlos Slim will fund Scholarships for Graduate Students at the George Washington University.
Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
- Mr. Roberto Slim participated in the name of Mr. Carlos Slim in the official launching of EDUCATION FIRST initiative in the United Nations’ General Assembly in New York.
New York, USA, September 26, 2012
- Mr. Carlos Slim participated in the International Telecommunications Union's (ITU) 6th Broadband Commission for Digital Development Meeting. Mr. Slim is the commission's co-chairman.
September 23, 2012. New York City.
- The Montevideo Circle will hold its 18th Plenary Session on the 26 and 27th July in Mexico City.
July 23, 2012. Mexico City.
- Mr. Carlos Slim participated in Geneva Conferences, organized by the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR).
June 11, 2012. Geneva, Switzerland.
- Mexico City Major Mr. Marcelo Ebrard and Mr. Carlos Slim, inaugurated both a underway via in Ejército Nacional/Moliere streets, and Parque Lineal Ferrocarril de Cuernavaca, first step.
June 6, 2012, Mexico City
- The Broadband Commission for Digital Development met in Ohrid, Macedonia. The meeting was conducted by Mr. Carlos Slim and President of Rwanda, Mr. Paul Kagame.
April 1-2, 2012. Ohrid, Macedonia.
- Carlos Slim Foundation Announces $3 Million Donation to Broadband Efforts to Connect Latino Households.
May 31, 2012. San Diego, California .
- By inaugurating the exhibition 100 Newly-acquired Artworks by Soumaya Museum Collection, the new Soumaya Museum site in Plaza Carso celebrates its First Anniversary
March 29, 2012.
- Mr. Carlos Slim and Mr. Angel Aguirre Rivero, governor of Guerrero, set up the first round of Vuelta México TELMEX 2012, the most important cycling tournament in México. Internationally-rated cyclists participate.
March 18, 2012. Acapulco, Guerrero.
- Carlos Slim Foundation, Frisco Mining Company and the Government of Chihuahua have donated 10,000 bicycles for the benefit of schoolboys living far from school, plus 8,000 bedcovers for poor people in Sierra of Chihuahua. The donation is part of “Ayúdame a llegar” program.
March 5, 2012. Morelos, Chih.
- Mr. Carlos Slim Helú was awarded Red Cross Badge of Honor and Merit due to his long-standing humanitarian trajectory. The medal was imposed to him by Mr. Daniel Goñi Díaz, president of Mexico's Red Cross, and Taderatu Konoe, president of Red Cross International Federation and Red Crescent Societies.
February 21, 2012. Mexico City.
- President Felipe Calderón Hinojosa and Mr. Carlos Slim Helú made a joint oversight tour to Atotonilco's waste-water treatment plant in the state of Hidalgo, Mexico. This public-private financed plant is a huge infrastructure work to solve water problems of Mexico City's metropolitan area and to benefit Hidalgo's farmers and inhabitants as well.
February 21, 2012. Atotonilco de Tula, Hidalgo.
- “Mexican Jaguar in XXI century: Conservation National Strategy” VII symposium concluded. Carlos Slim Foundation, World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and public and private Mexican institutions are working together for Jaguar conservation in Mexico.
December 1st 2011, Cuernavaca, Morelos.
- América Móvil and Carlos Slim Foundation join World's Forum Initiative (RED) to achieve a HIV/AIDS-Free generation by 2015.
December 1st, 2011, Mexico City.
- Interview with Mr. Carlos Slim performed by Martyn Warwick from ITU TelecomTV, in the Broad-Band Leadership Summit, organized by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
October 25, 2011. Geneva, Switzerland.
- Mr. Carlos Slim participated in ITU’s Broad-Band Leadership Summit on industry’s current global problems
October 24, 2011, Geneve, Switzerland
- Mr. Carlos Slim donated Plaza Mariana to the Archidiocese of Mexico City. The work triggers urban and pastoral infrastructure around Basilica de Guadalupe.
October 12, 2011, Mexico City
- The Hispanic Society of America awarded Carlos Slim Foundation the “Sorolla Medal” by its arts and culture support.
October 6th, 2011, New York, NY.
- Carlos Slim Foundation publishes the book Centro Histórico. 10 años de revitalización (Historic Center. Ten Years of Revival)
Mexico City, October 6th, 2011
- Claustro de Sor Juana University awarded Mr. Carlos Slim the “Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz” Medal due to his effort to revive Mexico City’s Historic Center
September 29, 2011, Mexico City
- Mr. Carlos Slim did participate in UNESCO’s presentation of the Comprehensive Management Plan of Mexico City’s Historic Center 2011-2016
Mexico City, August 16, 2011
- Carlos Slim congratulated the winners selected from
the football tournament De la Calle a la Cancha con TELMEX.
July, 21, 2011, Mexico City
- Carlos Slim donates $2 million dollars to Best Buddies International.
July, 19, 2011, Miami, Florida.
- Cristina Fernández, President of Argentina, attended Soumaya Museum in Plaza Carso for the second time today
May, 29, 2011, Mexico City.
- The Soumaya Museum opened its doors to the general public in its new building located at Carso Plaza.
March 29, 2011. Mexico City.
- Located at Carso Plaza, the new building housing the Soumaya Museum was inaugurated. The modern facilities will be home to the largest art collection in Mexico and Latin America.
March 1st, 2011. Mexico City.
- TELMEX celebrated the 20th anniversary of its privatization in the new building housing the Soumaya Museum.
February 29, 2011. Mexico City.
- Mr. Carlos Slim announced that Grupo Carso will invest 44.65 billion pesos in 2011, meaning a 13.6% increase from the year before.
Mexico City, January 31st, 2011
- Mr. Carlos Slim inaugurated the first phase of the construction of the Plaza Mariana, an architectural project aimed at enlarging the atrium of the Basilica of Guadalupe, while at the same time modernizing the surrounding urban infrastructure.
December 9, 2010. Mexico City
- Grupo Financiero Inbursa celebrated its 45th Anniversary in the new Soumaya Museum building, located in Carso Plaza, in Mexico City.
December 1st, 2010. Mexico City
- The World Boxing Council did award Mr. Carlos Slim the WBC Humanitarian Prize of the Year by his support to the boxing world.
November 2, 2010.
Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico.
- A constellation of stars, The National Council for Culture and the Arts, National Auditorium and Carlos Slim Foundation in solidarity with Veracruz. 21 great artists will participate in Amigos Unidos por la Música pop concert Tuesday November 9, 19:30 pm National Auditorium.
Octuber 20, 2010
- Fundación TELMEX bestows life pension to retired boxers.
August 26, 2010, México City.
- Mr. Carlos Slim took part as a guest of honor and speaker in the act of acknowledgment to Emergent Leaders of the Puerto Rico’s College of Engineers and Surveyors (CIAPR in Spanish) during the Conference & Expo Meeting CIAPR 2010 in Puerto Rico.
August 5, 2010. Puerto Rico.
- The high-level advisory group of the United Nations Organization (UN), on energy and climate change, met today in Mexico, to design new forms public-private partnership and support the overall objectives of access to energy and energy efficiency. Mr. Carlos Slim is a member of the UN Advisory Group.
Mexico City, July 15th 2010.
- Bill Clinton, Carlos Slim and Frank Giustra, launch a 20 million Dollar Fund for Small and Medium-Size Firms (SMFs) in Haiti.
June 17, 2010. Port-au-Prince, Haití.
- The Carlos Slim Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the government of Spain and the IDB, launch the Mesoamerica Health 2015 Initiative. The aim of this Initiative is to reduce the gap in health equality faced by the poorest 20% of population living in Central America and Southern Mexico.
June 14, 2010, Mexico, City.
- Grupo Carso Plan 2010
- United by Haiti informs that thanks to generous contributions from 120,236 persons in help for Haiti
May 11, 2010.
- Carlos Slim Foundation, National Auditorium and Mexican artists, reunited by Aleks Syntek to participate in the solidarity concert A Mexican Musical Hearth for Haití, informs to the general public.
April 28, of 2010.
- About two thousand million pesos will be invested in environment projects in priority areas of México. Investment capital will come from an agreement between Semarnat, WWF and Carlos Slim Foundation in support of environment protection actions.
México, D. F., April 15, 2010
- The Carlos Slim Foundation doubles “Unidos por Chalco” concert’s earnings in support of Chalco’s flood victims.
February 28, 2010.
- Mexican pop artists, National Auditorium and Carlos Slim Foundation joined efforts for putting into effect the fund-raising concert A Mexican Musical Heart for Haiti, in support for this Latin American nation.
February 17 of 2010.
- The Carlos Slim Foundation is jointly working with UNICEF in supporting Haiti emergency crisis alleviation and then to uphold reconstruction.
February 3th, 2010, México, City .
- Carlos Slim Foundation communicates that donations for Haiti’s victims through TELMEX and TELCEL will conclude next January 31.
January 28 of 2010, Mexico City.
- Mr. Carlos Slim Helú, Mr. Carlos Slim Domit, Telmex's executive board chairman, Mr. Héctor Slim Seade, Telmex's general director, and other top Telmex's executives presented Plan "TELMEX 2010 - Technology-Innovation Drive".
México, D. F., January 20, 2010.
- Carlos Slim Institute of Health start one of the world’s largest research projects for public health in México, on the genome of cancer, as well as on the genome of diabetes and some variaTions of renal insuffiency.
January 19 of 2010, Mexico City.
- TELMEX and TELCEL announce phone numbers to make donations for Haiti. The Carlos Slim Foundation will contribute the equivalent to the public-contributed whole amount.
México, D. F., January 15, 2010.
- Mr. José Luis Luege, general director of National Water Commission (Conagua), and Mr. Carlos Slim did sign a contract for building the Atotonilco Waste Water Treatment Plant past January 7, 2010. The plant is designed to be one of the biggest hydraulic infrastructure works in México.
January 7, 2010, México City
- The Alliance WWF-Carlos Slim Foundation and ConcentrArte project presented the book “Cuatro Ciénegas: La mirada de sus niños”. An invitation to preserve the richness of the valley, natural laboratory for the evolution of species.
December 9, 2009. Mexico City.
- Carlos Slim Foundation and Grameen Trust have launched the Grameen Carso microfinancing program with 45 million dollars.
September 24, 2009.
- Mr. Carlos Slim announced the establishment of Fundación Inbursa, which will jointly operate with its similar La Caixa of Barcelona. The foundation will begin to operate with an one-thousand million pesos endowment, so enhancing the social responsibility aims that Fundación Carlos Slim has embraced since more than 20 years ago.
September 7, 2009. Mexico City.
- Carlos Slim attended the ceremony in which the Federal District’s Legislative Assembly (ALDF) awarded journalist Jacobo Zabludovsky with the Citizen’s Merit Medal 2009 in recognition of his professional career and his personal contribution to life in Mexico City.
August 19, 2009. Mexico City.
- Carlos Slim signed as witness of honor the Commitment to Liberty of Expression, Mexico 2009, convened by the Foundation for the Liberty of Expression AC, (FUNDALEX). The ceremony was held in the presence of the press, experts and researchers from different disciplines.
August 17, 2009 Mexico City.
- The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and Fundacion Carlos Slim announced an initial investment of $100 million dollars to support the conservation of biodiversity and promote sustainable development in Mexico.
June 4, 2009. Cozumel, Quintana Roo.
- Mr. Enrique Peña Nieto, Governor of Estado de Mexico and Mr. Carlos Slim Helu inaugurated the Sports Center Ciudad Jardin TELMEX Bicentenario, an ambitious project of ecological rescue that was built on the surface of an old city dump known as Bordo de Xochiaca, in Nezahualcoyotl.
May 21st, 2009. Mexico City.
- Press release of eng. Carlos Slim Helú, Plan 2009.
- Eng. Carlos Slim Helu was nominated member of the Executive Board of RAND Corporation (Research and Development), a nonprofit research organization in the United States, which offers assessment and solutions about commerce and politics, among other aspects, throughout the world.
December 16th, 2008.
- Eng. Carlos Slim, along with Alex Rodriguez, baseball player of the New York Yankees, visited the new "Sports Center Ciudad Jardin TELMEX Bicentenario", the biggest sports center in Mexico located in the old waste dump of the Bordo de Xochiaca, in Nezahualcóyotl.
November 30, 2008
- Eng. Carlos Slim participated in the opening ceremony of the event Fideicomiso para el Impulso de la Ingeniería organized by the Colegio de Ingenieros Civiles de México (Civil Engineers College) in which the new web site iNGENET was introduced, created and sponsored by TELMEX.
Mexico City, November 20th, 2008.
- TELMEX, Claro and Museo Soumaya, from Fundación Carlos Slim, presents in Lima, Peru, the exhibit Del mito al Sueño. Rodin…. Dali.
October 7 , 2008.
- Grameen Trust and Fundacion Carlos Slim announced an alliance to create Grameen-Carso which will start operating with resources of 45 million dollars for giving microcredits to the neediest in different states with higher rate of poverty in Mexico.
September 29, 2008, Mexico City.
- President Clinton, Carlos Slim Announce $50 Million in New Projects in Mexico, Colombia, and Peru
August 4, 2008, Mexico City.
- Engineer Carlos Slim announced the donation of 100,000 computers to more than 1,400 public schools in Mexico, during an event in Casa TELMEX Centro Histórico.
July 23, 2008.
- Vivian Fernández de Torrijos, First Lady of Panama, and Carlos Slim Helú, supported by the Instituto Carlos Slim de la Salud, signed agreement to increase health programs.
June 23, 2008
- Carlos Slim donate to Fundación ALAS, 110 million dollars to support childhood.
May 15, 2008
- Carlos Slim, by Alvin Toffler, published on Builders and Titans section, in the Time magazine.
April 25 of 2009
- Carlos Slim interview with Larry King. Ora. Tv
May 9, 2013.
- A Conversation with Larry King and Carlos Slim, in the Global Conference 2013 of the Milken Institute.
April 29, 2013. Los Angeles, CA.
- Interview to Mr. Carlos Slim Helú performed by Salvador Camarena, published in El País news from Spain.
October 18, 2012.
- Interview with Mr. Carlos Slim performed by Caroline Preston from The Chronicle of Philanthropy newspaper.
October 4, 2012.
- Interview to Mr. Carlos Slim Helú performed by Bettina Bulgheroni for the argentine show "Puentes de Esperanza".
October 2012. México City.
- Interview to Mr. Carlos Slim Helú for Leaders magazine.
- Interview with Mr. Carlos Slim performed by Becky Anderson, journalist of CNN.
November 14, 2011. Genève, Switzerland. CNN
- Interview with Carlos Slim performed by Chiara Reid from Euronews.net
October 26, 2011, Geneve, Switzerland.
- Larry King interview with Carlos Slim in CNN's Larry King Live.
December 3, 2010
- Maria Bartiromo, from CNBC interview with Eng. Carlos Slim, as part of the New York Forum, designed to be a call for action by the business community to reinvigorate the economy and to find new confidence and credibility.
June 23, 2010. New York City.
- Interview with Carlos Slim performed by Maria Bartiromo for the CNBC Network. First On CNBC.
November 16, 2009.
- Interview realized to Carlos Slim Helú, performed by Rogelio Cárdenas Estandía, published by El Financiero Dialy. October 19, 2009.
- The State must intervene, Carlos Slim is awarded the George Washington University President’s Medal. His interview in PODER magazine. July 17, Washington, D.C., EE.UU.
- Interview with Carlos Slim for CNBC, performed by Michelle Caruso. October 30, 2008.
- Carlos Slim Helú interview by Eric Schmidt, Chairman and CEO Google.
- Engineering Carlos Slim Helú´s interview performed by Miguel Jiménez and Amanda Mars, published by El País Dialy, on June 8, 2008.
- Carlos Slim Interview, Financier and Philanthropist, Mexico’s Telecommunication Tycoon. December 2, 2007, Washington, D.C . Published on www.achievement.org
- Engineering Carlos Slim Helu's interview performed by Estela Caparelli, published by Epoca Negócios magazine, number 6, August 1th, 2007.
- Engineering Carlos Slim Helu's interview performed by Francesc Relea, published by El Pais magazine number 1607, Sunday July 15th, 2007.
This section includes statements made by Mr. Carlos Slim Helú when basically he answers the most frequently asked questions in the national and foreign media.
- What were Grupo Carso's initial activities?
- Why did you and your group start buying so many companies during the 1982 crisis?
- Could you give us some examples of the value of companies at the beginning of the 80s?
- What do you think is the basis for the success of your companies?
- Is it true that Carlos Salinas de Gortari sold Telmex to you in exchange for a favor?
- Prior to 1990, before the privatization, why were users forced to buy Telmex shares?
- How was Telmex privatized?
- What percentage gave the winner group Telmex's control? Which was the initial stock scheme of the three buying companies?
- Did all those stockholders meet to choose an administrator?
- During the privatization process, was there ever a possibility to sell a division of the company, to sell a segmented network?
- Was local service opened to competition prior to long distance?
- Based on its Concession Title, may Telmex carry video in its network?
- Did Telmex’s limitations to participate in Television affect the price paid when it was privatized?
- What has been the evolution of Telmex's stock value after the privatization?
- Were employees trained after the privatization and during the modernization of Telmex?
- How are the public finances of the company kept sound?
- How has competition impacted Telmex?
- How has competition been with Telefónica?
- Has Telmex tried to enter and compete in Spain?
- What has been the evolution of Telcel/América Móvil?
- What were the market conditions when Telmex and América Móvil’s internationalization begin’
- For example, what are the new technologies that are being studied for rural telephony?
- Sometimes it is said that Telmex charges the highest rates in the world, what do you think about this?
- Is Telmex going to do something about the delay in enforcing the Convergence Agreement?
- What does Telmex think about opening 100 per cent fixed telephony to foreign investment? and also, what does it think of the limitations imposed by the authorities on the acquisition of cable TV companies, in Wi-Max, among other?
- What do you think about the conditions imposed by the Federal Competition Commission, on Televisa so that it may buy cable companies? and regarding Telmex, are you considering entering an alliance with Televisa for the content also?
- Could Telmex be ready for Tripleplay if it already carries data through its network?
- What activities will IDEAL be performing?
- Which are your telecommunications projects?
- What are your plans for COMPUSA and what is your opinion about this investment?
- What do you think about the México’s situation in the immediate and medium term future?
- Exactly what would you ask the Congress of the Union to consider in this tax reform in order to grow and generate jobs?
- What do you think about the banks’ showing very big profits in their financial statements? And, what do you think about the value of companies in the Mexican Stock Exchange in 2006?
- What Foundations do you have?
- Which are the most important achievements of the Fundación Carlos Slim, A.C. and the Telmex Foundation?
- ¿Qué apoyos se están dando o se darán en Latinoamérica?
- What is the ALAS Project?
- In philanthropy, are you considering doing something similar to what Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have done?
- What do you think about democracy?
- What happens when democracy does not respect what comes before democracy?
- What is the importance of the generation bonus, which occurs when the productive population is bigger in order to leave behind lack of growth? How do you think it can be better used?
- What is your opinion on the large amounts of informal workers that leave the education system, called lost generations, between 15 and 40 years old and what are their options?
- What is the solution for Mexico to grow and develop?
- What do you think about big public institutions?
- If security were your responsibility, what would you do?
- What do you think of free trade?
- What is your legacy to your sons?
- How do you feel as the richest man in a world with 50 million of poor people?
- What is success for Carlos Slim?
- What should we do in Mexico, not to have all the money that you have, but rather for the Mexican people to have a better quality of life?
- Have you prepared teams to follow your path? Or have you considered building a better Mexico or a better Latin America for future generations?
- Why haven’t you made incursions in Mexican politics and run as a presidential candidate?
Official Site. Copyright © 2015.